There were 13 games around the league in a busy night for hockey action. Former Islanders are lending help wherever they can. Let us take a look at the intense FI action from Saturday night:
* A pair of competing FIs lent their help in a close game between Washington and host Montreal. The Capitals edged the Canadiens 5-4 in OT. Lending a hand were Habs defenseman Roman Hamrlik who scored the team's 3rd goal. Hamrlik has 17 points (3 goals, 14 assists) this season on 41 games. With the helper, Hamrlik snapped a 2 game point-less streak. Caps' d-man John Erskine assisted on Washington's 4th goal. Erskine has 7 points on 1 goal and 6 assists this season in only 21 competitions.
* Jim Dowd had an assist on the opening goal, only a day after clearing waivers, as the Philadelphia Flyers survived a comeback from host Toronto for a 3-2 win. Dowd snapped a 12 game point-less streak. He has 3 points (2 goals, 1 assists) on 31 games this season. It was his first assist April 5, 2007, a span of 42 games including 11 playoff games last year with the Devils. Maple Leafs' winger Jason Blake had an assist on Toronto's second goal. Blake has 27 points (5 goals, 22 assists) on 42 games. On his current 3 game tear, Blakey has 3 goals and 3 assists for 6 points.
* Boston defenseman and captain Zdeno Chara assisted on the Bruins' first goal as they fended off the visiting New Jersey Devils 4-3. Chara has 26 points (6 goals, 20 assists) on 41 games. He holds a 3 game point-scoring streak in which he has notched 1 goal and 4 assists for 5 points. Arron Asham snapped a 6 game point-less streak with an assist on New Jersey's 3rd goal. Asham has 8 points (4 goals, 4 assists) on 39 games. Taking the loss was Devils' backup goalie Kevin Weekes who stopped 21 of 25 shots. Weekes fell to 2-2-1 on the season with a respectable .906 save percentage and a 2.63 goals against average. It was Weekes' first start since December 10.
* Randy Robitaille scored the first 2 Ottawa goals as the Senators pulled off a come-from-behind win over the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning 4-3 in OT. Second star of the game, Robby has 6 goals and 8 assists for 14 points on 31 games. All 6 of Robitaille's goals have come on multi-goal nights (November 1, December 5, January 5).
* Mark Parrish scored the lone Minnesota goal as the Wild fell 4-1 to the host Nashville Predators. Parrish has 11 goals and 7 assists for 18 points on 38 games this season. Parrish has scored goals in 3 consecutive games and has points in 5 straight for 4 goals and 1 assist.
* Todd Bertuzzi was stuffed on his chance in the SO as the Anaheim Ducks fell to the host Phoenix Coyotes 3-2.
Click back on FIW soon for more NHL updates.