It was a busy night around the NHL as 22 teams faced off in highly heated hockey action. Former Islanders are not just helping their respective teams, but in some cases the topic of trade speculation. Let us take a look at the FI action from Saturday night:
* Zdeno Chara helped power the Boston offense as the Bruins eked out a 4-3 SO win over the visiting New York Rangers. Chara had a powerplay assist on Boston's 2nd goal and scored the winner in the 3rd round of the SO to seal the come-from-behind win. He now has 31 points (7 goals, 24 assists) on 46 games. Nearly half of those points (15) have come on the powerplay (4 goals, 11 assists). Martin Straka had an assist on the Rangers' 2nd goal. Straka now has 19 points (8 goals, 11 assists) on 31 games.
* Michael Peca had a powerplay assist on the lone Columbus goal as the Blue Jackets fell to the host Dallas Stars 3-1. Peca has 20 points (4 goals, 16 assists) on 33 games. He is riding a 3 game point streak in which he has recorded 4 assists.
* Jason Blake scored his 9th goal of the season to cap off the scoring in a 4-2 Toronto Maple Leaf win over the visiting Buffalo Sabres. Blake received 3rd star of the game honor and now has 30 points (9 goals, 21 assists) on 48 games.
* Viktor Kozlov, 2nd star of the night, had a 2 goal effort to help the Washington Capitals win 5-3 over the visiting Florida Panthers. One of the 2 Kozlov goals came on the powerplay. Kozzer now has 28 points (6 goals, 22 assists) on 47 games. It was the first powerplay goal of the season for Kozlov who also has 7 extra man assists. Defenseman John Erskine scored Washington's 2nd goal. Erskine has 8 points (2 goals, 6 assists) on 26 games. With the tally Erskine snapped a 4 game point-less streak. Panthers' captain Olli Jokinen had a powerplay goal and a powerplay assist for a 2 point effort. O-Jok has 23 goals and 23 assists for 46 points on 49 games. He has had 20 points (11 goals, 9 assists) with the man advantage.
* Center Derek Armstrong had an assist on the Kings' 2nd goal as Los Angeles edged the host Vancouver Canucks for a 4-3 win. Armstrong has 20 points (5 goals, 15 assists) on 49 games. Meanwhile, a couple of FIs posted goals for the Canucks. Brad Isbister, the topic of waiver rumor, scored the first Vancouver goal. Isbister has 3 goals and 5 assists for 8 points on 32 games. With the goal, Isbister snapped a 14 game point-less streak and a 15 game goal-less streak. Trevor Linden scored Vancouver's 2nd goal. Linden now has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists) on 36 games. He snapped a 9 game goal-less streak with the netter. Taking the loss was goalie Roberto Luongo who stopped 20 of 24 shots. Luongo fell to 21-15-4 on the season.
Check back soon for night recaps here at FIW.