Fourteen teams faced off in 7 tilts around the NHL. Former Islanders are there helping their respective teams as the charge to the playoffs continues. Here is a peek at the FI contributions from Thursday night:
* Derek Armstrong assisted on the empty netter as the Los Angeles Kings downed the host Isles 3-1. Armstrong has 23 points (6 goals, 17 assists) on 53 games this season.
* Viktor Kozlov had another big night notching 3 points (1 goal, 2 assists) as the Washington Capitals overcame a Montreal Canadiens' comeback for a 5-4 OT home win. Kozzer has turned it on as of late and now has 35 points (10 goals, 25 assists) on 52 games. Over the last 6 games he has been on a tear with 6 goals and 3 assists for 9 points. He has been an integral part of the Caps' recent revival and is again playing on the Alex Ovechkin line.
* Rangers' backup goalie Stephen Valiquette recorded his first career shutout stopping all 20 shots he faced as New York blanked the host Philadelphia Flyers 4-0. Valiquette improved to 3-3-1 on the season with a .907 save percentage and a 2.37 goals against average.
* Taylor Pyatt had a goal and an assist but the Canucks fell just short as the host Tampa Bay Lightning beat Vancouver 4-3. Pyatt has 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) on 52 games. Roberto Luongo took the loss while stopping 23 of 27 shots. With the loss Luongo fell to 22-17-4 on the season.
* Michael Peca had a powerplay assist for the Blue Jackets but the Nashville Predators dominated most of the action as they downed visiting Columbus 4-2. Peca has 4 goals and 17 assists for 21 points on 38 games. He has notched 9 of those points (1 goal, 8 assists) on the powerplay.
Check back soon for more updates here at FIW.