There were 10 games up for grabs on Thursday as 20 teams rise and fall around the NHL. Former Islanders are trying as hard as they can to continue or jumpstart pushes towards the Stanley Cup playoffs. Let us take a look at the FI happenings a busy night:
* Jason Blake assisted on Toronto's 2nd goal as the Maple Leafs doubled up on the host Montreal Canadiens for a 4-2 win. Blake has 11 goals and 24 assists for 35 points on 56 games this season. He has just now passed the halfway mark to his career high 70 points from last season with only 26 games left this year.
* Roberto Luongo returned to win column stopping 27 of 28 shots as the Vancouver Canucks won 2-1 over the Thrashers in a rare appearance in Atlanta. Luongo improved to 23-17-6 on the season. Winger Taylor Pyatt assisted on the game winner with 8:46 remaining in regulation. T-Py has 29 points (13 goals, 16 assists) on 55 games. He snapped a 2 game point-less streak with the helper.
* Mathieu Schneider scored the opening goal then assisted on the game winner as the Anaheim Ducks beat the New York Rangers 4-1 at Madison Square Garden. The defenseman has 7 goals and 19 assists for 26 points on 41 games. Todd Bertuzzi scored the final goal. Bert has 11 goals and 19 assists for 30 points on 44 games.
* Chris Osgood had a 3rd period meltdown giving up on 4 goals on 10 shots while in the process suffering only his 4th regulation loss of the season in the process. Osgood stopped only 20 of 25 shots as the visiting Los Angeles Kings beat the red hot host Detroit Red Wings 5-3. Ozzie fell to 22-4-2. Kings' center Derek Armstrong had 2 powerplay assists including one on the game winner. Armstrong has 25 points (6 goals, 19 assists) on 56 games. He now has 6 points (1 goal, 5 assists) on the man advantage.
* Teammate Panthers each notched 2 points as Florida were edged by the host Ottawa Senators 5-4. Olli Jokinen had a goal and a powerplay assist. O-Jok has 55 points (27 goals, 28 assists) on 56 games. During his current 4 game streak he has 3 goals and 3 assists. It was the 11th multi-point game of the season for Jokinen. Richard Zednik is on a hot streak right now. He scored 2 assist including 1 on the powerplay. He has 13 points and 11 assists for 24 points on 52 games. During his current 3 game consecutive streak he has 4 goals and 3 assists for 7 points. It was the 5th multi-point game of the season for Zed.
* Adrian Aucoin scored the lone Calgary goal as the host Flames fell to the Chicago Blackhawks 3-1. Aucoin has 8 goals and 18 assists for 26 points on 50 games.
* Mike York scored the lone Phoenix goal, a powerplay tally, as the Coyotes were edged by the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets 2-1. York snapped a 13 game point-less streak and an 18 game goal-less streak with the netter. He has 6 goals and 6 assists for 12 points on 49 games this year. York has 6 points (4 goals, 2 assists) on the man advantage.
Check back soon for more updates, recaps and maybe some trade news.