It was a crazy day around the league as 22 teams faced off in 11 hotly contested tilts. Former Islander are lending their support to their respective teams as almost everyone is in the race to the playoffs. Here is a quick recap of the FI work from Saturday:
* Randy Robitaille assisted on the game tying goal only 6:09 into the 3rd period as the Otttawa Senators pulled off a comeback from a 3-0 deficit to win 4-3 in OT over the host Pittsburgh Penguins. Robitaille has 24 points (10 goals, 14 assists) on 51 games. With the helper Robby snapped a 3 game point-less streak.
* Olli Jokinen scored the powerplay game winner 3:44 into OT as the Florida Panthers beat the flailing host Philadelphia Flyers 2-1. O-Jok has 30 goals and 30 assists for 60 points on 64 games. Jokinen has reached the 30+ goal plateau for the 4th time on his career, all in the last 5 seasons. With the goal Jokinen now has 450 career points (204 goals, 246 assists).
* Rumored to be on the trade block, defenseman Bryan McCabe assisted on the game winning goal as the Toronto Maple Leafs downed the visiting Atlanta Thrashers 3-1. McCabe has 15 points (5 goals, 10 assists) on 35 games.
* Tim Connolly assisted on Buffalo's 2nd goal as the Sabres were edged by the visiting New York Rangers 4-3. Connolly has 5 goals and 30 assists for 35 points on 41 games. Over the last 2 contests he has 4 assists.
* Michael Peca assisted on the winning goal only 6:24 into the first period as the Columbus Blue Jackets blanked the host Montreal Canadiens 3-0. Peca has 4 goals and 25 assists for 29 points on 48 games this season. Over the last 7 games Peca has averaged a point per game with 7 helpers.
* Zdeno Chara had a powerplay assist on Boston's 3rd goal as the Bruins beat the host Tampa Bay Lightning 5-3. Chara has 12 goals and 30 assists for 42 points on 61 games. He has recorded points in the last 4 games for 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists). Chara has notched exactly half of his season's points (21, 7 goals, 14 assists) on the man advantage.
* Roberto Luongo stopped 28 of 29 shots he faced as the Vancouver Canucks downed the visiting Detroit Red Wings 4-1. With the win Luongo improved to 28-18-7 on the season. He has won his last 4 starts stopping 121 of 128 shots he has faced for a .945 save percentage. On the season Luongo sports a 2.19 goals against average with a .923 save percentage and 6 shutouts.
That sums it up for Saturday night. Check back soon for more updates.