- Olli Jokinen (or as FIW is now calling him O-Jok, pronounced O-Yoke) accounted for a goal and two assists in Florida's 5-2 road win over Tampa Bay. His goal was the decisive one coming with only 59 seconds left in the second period. O-Jok passes the 80 point mark for the second straight season while his overall production improves to 37 goals and 45 assists for 82 points in only 76 games.
- Zdeno Chara scored the game winner 4:55 into the second period of Boston's 3-2 road win over Ottawa. His 11th of the season it was the third game winner of the year for Chara and only his second goal not scored on the powerplay. He is currently 2 points away from tying his single season high and 3 away from setting a new one.
- Despite scoring more than 2 goals for the first time in three games the Rangers fell to the hometown Canadiens 6-4. Henrik Lundqvist was chased from net and replaced with Stephen Valiquette who was making only 3rd appearance of the season. Valiquette took the loss surrending 2 goals on 10 shots. In the brief time he has subbed for injured backup and fellow FI Kevin Weekes, Valiquette has gone 1-2-0. Both losses were taken after replacing a pulled Lundqvist. Martin Straka received an assist on the 3rd Ranger goal. The assist ended a 12 game pointless streak. Straka, who has been plagued with injuries, had never had a worse streak, as far as FIW can tell.
- Eric Brewer scored St. Louis' lone goal in their 4-1 home loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. The tally was Brewer's 6th of the season. He is now 1 point short of tying his career high.
- Vancouver walked away with a 3-0 win over Colorado in Denver. Roberto Luongo notched his 5th shutout of the year and his 44th win in 70 games started and 71 appearances. He has sandwiched a shootout loss with two shutouts in his last 3 games. Though his season save percentage is an amazing .923 he has even more impressively stopped .961 percent of shots in the last 5 games. Taylor Pyatt recorded an assist on the third goal. Pyatt now has 33 points in 70 games. He currently has three points in his last 2 overall.
- Jamie Heward assisted on Los Angeles' only goal in their 3-1 loss at San Jose. The assist ended a 4 game pointless streak. With 6 goals and 16 assists Heward now has 22 points, 6 of those in 14 games since being trade to the Kings.
Wednesday action, consisting of only 4 games, would also prove to be fertile for FI action. Check back soon.