- Jim Dowd received an assist on New Jersey's game winning goal in their 3-2 win over the Sabres in Buffalo. Dowd's 5th point of the season ended a 34 game pointless streak! The last time Dowd's name made it on the scoresheet was on Dember 14 of last year.
- Bryan McCabe accounted for an assist in Toronto's 4-3 OT home win over Ottawa in yet another Battle of Ontario tilt. McCabe now has 48 points on the season and has landed 7 points in his last 8 games.
- Alexei Zhitnik assisted on both Atlanta goals in their 3-2 road loss at Florida. He has a whopping 8 points in 6 games since joining Atlanta. Olli Jokinen had a goal and assisted on the game winner. He received the game's First Star and now has 69 points in 69 games. More impressively, he has rallied as of late for 10 points in his last 7 games.
- Eric Brewer recorded another assist for St. Louis in their 4-3 road lost to Montreal. Brewer now has 7 points in his last 6 matches.
- Jeff Hamilton had a huge night in Chicago's 7-5 score-a-thon over the Coyotes in Phoenix. He banged home a hat trick and added two assists for a 5 point night, his second hatty of the season and best ever single night work. He was so instrumental in the win that he score the eventually game winner and the the tally to ice the game. This was the most points he had scored since his 4 point night on December 2 in Nashville. He now has 7 points in his last 2 games and has 17 goals and 16 assists for 33 points on the season in only 57 games played.
Excitement keeps building as even teams currently out of the playoff picture are putting up interesting numbers. The Chicago/Phoenix game is a case in point and most interestingly the FIs always find their ways to get their names of the scoresheets. Keeps aware. Until next time.