There were 7 games up for grabs on Sunday as 14 teams battled for important points in the standings. Former Islanders can still help many teams as they make the push for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Here is a quick recap of the FI workload:
* Chris Osgood came in to back up Dominik Hasek for the last 27 minutes of ice time as the Detroit Red Wings were edged by the host Columbus Blue Jackets 4-3. Osgood stopped all 7 shots he faced but received no decision remaining 25-9-3 on the season. His save percentage improved to .916 thanks to the 7 saves. It was only the 2nd time this season that Ozzie made a replacement appearance, his first since November 13.
* Viktor Kozlov sealed up the win with his goal in the 3rd round of the SO as the Washington Capitals beat the visiting Boston Bruins 2-1. Kozlov and Co. are making a run at the playoffs with 5 wins in their last 7 games.
* Adrian Aucoin opened the scoring with a powerplay goal only 1:51 in to regulation as the Calgary Flames beat the host Chicago Blackhawks 4-2. Aucoin has 32 points (9 goals, 23 assists) on 67 games. He has notched 17 points (4 goals, 13 assists) on the man advantage.
* Olli Jokinen, the first star of the game, continued to flex some offensive muscle scoring the powerplay game winner and adding a powerplay assist as the Florida Panthers beat the visiting Atlanta Trashers 3-1. O-Jok has 69 points (32 goals, 37 assists) on 74 games. Over the last 5 games Jokinen has 7 points on 2 goals and 5 assists. The game winner was only the 4th of the season for Jokinen who now has 39 on his career.
* Robert Nilsson had an assist on the game tying powerplay goal then scored in the first round of the SO as the Edmonton Oilers, the NHL's SO experts, beat the host San Jose Sharks 2-1. Nilsson has 9 goals and 26 points for his first 35 point season. He has 2 assists in as many games and has recorded 6 points this season (2 goals, 4 assists) on the man advantage.
Stay in touch with FIW for more updates and recaps as we race towards the postseason.