Twelve games were on the schedule on Saturday night. Former Islanders were active players in a bunch of the games. FIs had 11 points (4 goals, 7 assists) in 8 of those games. Let us take a peek at the action:
* Zdeno Chara had a powerplay assist on the lone Boston goal in the Philadelphia Flyer's 2-1 win over the host Bruins. Captain Chara snapped a five game scoreless streak with the assist. He now has 5 points, all assists, in 10 games this season.
* Jason Blake assisted on the first Maple Leaf goal in Toronto's 4-1 road win over the New York Rangers. Blake has packed on the points so far this year with 12 (2 goals, 10 assists) in 12 games.
* Roman Hamrlik had another assist on Saturday night in Montreal's 4-3 SO win over the host Pittsburgh Penguins. The Canadiens d-man continues his point scoring streak with 6 points (1 goals, 5 assists) in 4 consecutive games.
* Jeff Hamilton had 2 more points on Saturday night in Carolina's 8-3 whooping of the host Isles. The winger had 2 assists, 1 on the powerplay, in the Hurricanes attack. Some confusion exists as the sports wires only have him registered for 1 point on the night. It seems Hamilton should have 4 goals and 6 assists for 11 points on the season.
* Tim Connolly had a powerplay assist in Buffalo's 4-3 OT win over the host Tampa Bay Lightning. The Sabres' Connolly continues to burn it up with his 10th assist in as many games. Connolly, not flashing much goal-scoring, has 11 points (1 goal, 10 assists) in 10 games.
* Olli Jokinen had a nice night scoring double powerplay goals in Florida Panthers 4-3 loss to the host Nashville Predators. O-Jok has scored 4 goals in the last 3 games and now has 10 points (6 goals, 4 assists) on 11 games this year.
* Eric Brewer notched his first goal of the season in St. Louis' 4-3 win over the visiting Washington Capitals. Blues defenseman Brewer, sidelined by a small injury through the middle of October, tallied his first point in his 5th game on the season. Caps d-man John Erskine scored an assist on Washington's first goal of the games. In 7 games Erskine now has 3 points (1 goal, 2 assists).
* Raffi Torres scored the lone Oilers goal in Edmonton's 4-1 loss to the energized, host Los Angeles Kings. Torres now has 7 points (4 goals, 3 assists) on 11 games this year.
Check back soon for more FI updates.