Happy Tax Day! It was a busy playoff day around the NHL as 10 teams faced off in 5 high stakes tilts on Tuesday. Former Islanders are lending help to their teams where they can. Let us take a quick look at all 5 games:
* Role playing veteran Jim Dowd assisted on Philadelphia's 3rd goal with 1:17 remaining in the 1st period as the Flyers downed the visiting Washington Capitals 6-3 to secure a 2-1 series lead. The assist was his first point of the postseason and his first since May 9, 2006 while with the Colorado Avalanche. The helper snapped a 14 playoff game point drought.
* The Montreal Canadiens blanked the host Boston Bruins 1-0 to take a stranglehold 3-1 lead in their series.
* Todd Bertuzzi had an assist on the game winning powerplay goal as the Anaheim Ducks doubled up on the host Dallas Stars for a 4-2 win. The victory cut Dallas' series lead to 2-1. The assist was Bertuzzi's 2nd in 3 postseason games this year.
* Winger Ryan Smyth had a powerplay assist on Colorado's 5th goal as the Avalanche thrashed the visiting Minnesota Wild 5-1 to even their series at 2 games a piece. Smyth now has 2 points (1 goal, 1 assist) on 4 games with both points coming with the man advantage.
* Joe Thornton scored the winner with 9.4 seconds remaining in regulation as the San Jose Sharks edged the host Calgary Flames 3-2. The win evened up the series at 2 wins a piece in what is turning out to be the most evenly fought series of the Quarterfinals.
Check in soon for more updates at FIW.